Don’t be embarrassed about having missing teeth. Dental implants are a great solution for replacing a tooth and restoring confidence in your smile!
A dental implant is a titanium screw fitted into your jaw, replacing the roots of a lost tooth. A crown (an artificial tooth) is then securely attached to the titanium screw, filling in the gap where the missing tooth used to be. Crowns are specially designed to resemble a real tooth in colour, shape and size.
It’s important that you can smile without feeling self-conscious. Losing teeth is not uncommon in people who have had a history of dental problems. Dental implants are a way to replace them, so they function, look and feel like natural teeth.
- Look more natural than dentures. A crown, that closely resembles a real tooth, is securely fitted in the place of the missing tooth.
- Feel more natural – dental implants are more stable so they feel like a part of you.
- Can prevent the appearance of premature ageing, because the dental implants help retain your jaw bone levels and these support the soft tissue of the face and cheeks.
- Unlike dentures, dental implants have a positive impact on facial bones.
- Preferable to a dental bridge, because it reduces damage to teeth on either side of the missing tooth. A dental bridge requires teeth on either side of the missing tooth to be filed down, so a false tooth can be attached to them.
Your Q dental dentist will discuss with you whether your dental implant procedure is routine and therefore performed under a local anaesthetic, or more complex, needing general anaesthesia.
After assessing the underlying bone structure, the dental implant procedure for one or more teeth is:
- Placing the implant
The implant is inserted in your jaw in a surgical procedure. After being covered with gum, the implant is left to heal and stabilise in your jaw for a period between three to six months.
- Post placement
An abutment post (a metal connector) is secured to the implant, so that gum tissue grows around it. A scan or impression of the abutment post is taken for the laboratory to create your tooth.
- Crown attachment
Once the replacement tooth is attached to abutment posts, the dental implant process is complete.
If looked after carefully, a dental implant can last for many years. We work with you to regularly review the dental implant as part of our preventative maintenance programme.
The team at Q Dental has a strong track record of successful dental implants. Dental implants can be complicated, because they involve multidisciplinary knowledge and skills, careful planning and not a little engineering for a first-rate outcome. Our capability in dental implants is supported by a broad expertise in understanding whole mouth care.
We take the time to carefully review your situation with you, explain the process and options thoroughly, so you can make the best decision for your needs.
We are independently owned and not constrained by health insurer obligations. In most cases, we will manage the entire process at Q Dental, and for more complicated cases, we work together with our specialist partners.
We strongly recommend seeking a second opinion before embarking on any treatment involving surgery.
We put a lot effort to ensure we run on time because we care about you, not just your teeth.
That’s why we offer a Dental Delay DiscountTM as an on-time guarantee